Well, we're 3 days into the school year. I'm up to 16 students now. It seems to be a very sweet class. I always forget what it's like at the beginning of the year and how much students actually learn in a year! When I let my third graders go in May, they're basically fourth graders and then what you get in August is basically a bunch of second graders! It always takes me a few days to get over that adjustment.
I've done so-so this week, but today hit me hard. Even though I went to bed early last night, I had a very hard time getting up this morning and had to sit down a lot at work. By lunch I was ready for a nap! : )
I got a nap this afternoon though and then Wesley and I went to Loco's for dinner. They just opened one in Phenix City. Wesley worked at the one in Auburn when we were in school there (I think I owe my engagement ring to them!) and we eat at the one in Columbus sometimes. Tonight was opening night and it was crowded and hot in that place. Not a good combination for a pregnant lady! By the time we left my feet was swollen and I was sporting the cankle look - ugh!
After that we headed to Fresh Market - also their opening day. We were out of fruit, so we picked up some of that and also got a few fresh vegetables. Completely random, but did you know they sell fried green beans there? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
We ended our night with a trip to Tar-jay to get a few things for school and some other little random things (new sunglasses for me!).
And, now I think I am heading to bed! Tomorrow is our day to go to the doctor this week. I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow - holy cow (which is what I feel like)! I'm excited because we get to have an ultrasound tomorrow. I can't wait to see Eli and find out exactly how big he is right now! I'm really hoping he'll just tell me to go on to the hospital, haha, but I doubt it!
I'm so glad your first week is going well! Crazy that you are so close to the end...I feel like you just revealed to us that you were expecting!
ReplyDelete