Saturday, December 25, 2010

Four Months Old

(This was not our best month for a photo shoot. I attribute it to photo overload since today was Christmas day!)

This month has REALLY flown by. I can't believe how fast the days are going and how much you are changing, Eli. You can do so much now and are so big! Daddy and I love you more than words can say!


Firsts: trip to Birmingham, trip to Destin, taste of rice cereal/eating from a spoon, laughing, 'Christmas' with several sides of the family, Christmas (today!), meeting Santa (you didn't cry, but you certainly weren't impressed by Saint Nick), White Christmas, cold/runny nose

News headlines: Cam Newton has been cleare
d after investigations from the NCAA, Cam Newton wins the Heisman Trophy, Auburn is headed to the National Championship game vs. the Oregon Ducks, the Senate repealed 'Don't Ask/Don't Tell', retailers are reporting an increase in Christmas sales...the best in about five years!

Milestones: You've learned so many new tricks. You now are talking A LOT! You laugh (sometimes), you grab your left foot, you are now "playing" with toys, you pull the bird on your carseat and watch it dance. You are sooo close to rolling over. You scoot all the time. If I lay you down on your playmat, you scoot yourself all the way around so you can see whatever you want (usually the TV)! The same is true in for your pack n play: I put you down facing one way and when I come back to get you, you've turned yourself around! We've also expanded your diet. When you take a bottle, you are now eating 5 oz at a time. You also have begun eating rice cereal. We started off by giving it to you in a bottle, but that wasn't working out. So, even though I thought it was a bit early, you now are taking it from a spoon! Each day you're getting a little better, and it sure is fun to watch you learn!
Measurements: We go back to the doctor in a few weeks. I'm anxious to see how much you've grown!

Like Mommy: You love your sleep! We both fall asleep very easily in the car. And it's looking like we both have brown eyes.

Like Daddy: You LOVE to go outside!

Challenges: .Being out of school and traveling so much has made it difficult to keep a schedule. I think it has definitely effected your sleeping habits.


Our Days: Pretty much the same as last month. You're up around 6ish most mornings, we're at school by about 7:15. You eat 6-7 times a day now and are now also eating cereal 1-2 times a day. My favorite part of the day is after you've taken your final feeding and are asleep on my chest. We snuggle for awhile before I put you down for the night. We've been reading Christmas stories nearly every day and you love studying the illustrations.

Funny/Favorite Moments: My personal favorite moment was teaching you to pull the bird and bug that hang from your car seat. When you pull them down, they vibrate then dance back up. Dad ran into the gas station, and you were being a little whiney, so I started pulling the bird and bug down. You watched for awhile, then I put them in your hands and we pulled them down together. Dad came back to the car, we drove off, and about a minute into our trip, I heard the bird vibrating and dancing! I was so proud of you and you were quite pleased with yourself. I love to hear that little sound from the backseat as we drive down the road.

One of Dad's favorite memories this month was actually Christmas Eve morning. You woke up in such a good mood. You babbled and talked for probably 15 minutes or so. Mommy and Daddy just laid in the bed listening to you talk. We loved it! You have such a sweet voice.

Nicknames: Squirmy or Squirmy Wormy, Squirms, or Sir Squirms - A - Lot, Drool Monkey, Little Man, Dude, and Buddy.

Upcoming Events: Skiing in Colorado and a couple of plane rides, more shots, a big birthday for Nana!

I can't believe how much you've grown, Eli! Daddy & I love you and are so proud of all you do and who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...