Thursday, December 30, 2010

Rockies Vacay - Days 2, 3, & 4

Sorry (mom) for the lack of updating here lately. I haven't taken too many pictures lately. We've been skiing, shopping, and relaxing!

The view from the top of one of the slopes.
It's been 10 years since the last (and only) time I've been skiing. So, I was pleased with myself about how much I remembered and how quickly I picked it back up. My weakness is that stupid chairlift. I never can come off of it. I wipe out EVERY TIME. : )

The snow was coming down sooo hard today that we didn't even try to go up on the mountain. We slept in, laid around, went shopping, and played in the snow.

I've been able to catch up on some of my reading this week. It's been so nice. I haven't read since pre-Eli. Some things I've read:

I love a good KK book. I've actually had this one for awhile now but haven't had time to read it. It's a really quick read (I finished this in a day), and there are some great truths and lessons to be learned through this plot and these characters. I just wish I had brought books 2 & 3 with me.

I highly recommend this book. There's 17 or so chapters, and while it's an easy read, I wouldn't call it quick...it's Piper.... Wesley and I are going to reread this together as a Bible study.

You can buy the book, or download the FREE pdf version of the book (which is what I did)!

There's so much great stuff in this book about marriage and family and how it is designed by God to display God's love and the bond between Christ and the church. I can't even begin to tell you all the great stuff in this book. Seriously, married or single, go read it!

And finally, I'm currently reading Grisham's newest novel, The Confession. Oh goodness, so good. I love a good John Grisham novel. Over the summer I read his young adult novel, Theordore Boone. I highly recommend The Confession. In fact, you can borrow mine! My husband bought it for me!

Tomorrow we'll be back up on the mountain for our last day in Pagosa. I can't believe this vacation (and Christmas break for that matter) is nearly over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...