Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wedding Weekend

This weekend we headed to Dothan.  I had so much fun.  It was a weekend full of family and visiting with old friends...some of whom had never met Eli before!

Friday night we had my birthday dinner at Conestoga with the Smiths.  Eli was so hungry.  He ate a sweet potato.  THE WHOLE THING!  Conestoga is very dimly lit, with candles at each of the tables, so I didn't realize how messy Eli was until we walked outside.  He had sweet potato ALL over his face and clothes.  He looked like he had an orange beard.  I was a little embarrassed I hadn't cleaned my child up before leaving the table.  I even had sweet potato in my hair and on my neck!  Oh well, he enjoyed it!
Saturday morning the guys stayed around the house and played.






While Mom and I met Emily and Cathy at Cracker Barrel for breakfast!  Emily is one of my very oldest friends, and she is getting married in January!  We talked all stuff wedding related and then went to Andrew's Bridal Shoppe so that I could be fitted for my bridesmaids dress.  They came back to the house and played with little man for awhile.

Saturday night we got all dressed up and went to see two of my oldest friends, Mark and Mandi, get married!  Mandi was beautiful and the reception was so much fun!


The cakes were so pretty!  The groom's cake was a pirate/Lego themed cake.  The bride was walking the plank!  : )



Polka dots and feathers!  : )

Little man picked up a lot of ladies and tore up the dance floor!


My favorite parts of the ceremony were half way through the bride/dad dance and halfway through the groom/mom dance they asked other father/daughters and mother/sons to join them on the dance floor.  I got to first dance with my dad and then dance with my son!  I loved it!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...