Thursday, September 8, 2011

13 on Thursday

1.  My sister wrote the sweetest blog post.  It brought tears to my eyes.  I really miss her (and Clark and Maddie).  I miss my brother a lot too.  We skyped this week.  I can't wait to see them all in October!  Have I said that already?  : )

2.  I'm making this to take to  BFG tonight.  I hope it turns out well.  I'll let you know.

3.  Eli has been going to sleep about 7:30-8 this week.  In some ways it's nice, but it's been a crazy week at school and I haven't gotten home as early as I'd like this week.  I feel like my time with Eli has been cut short.    : (

4.  I say this every week, but I really can't wait for Big Loser to come back on.

5.  Chaz Bono is on Dancing With the Stars.   ???......There are no words.

6.  I started reading The Help - finally, I know.  I don't know why I waited so long other than I wasn't in the mood to read.  But, seriously, this is one of THE best books I've ever read.  I'm reading it on my iPad (a whole 'nother story), and it has 1100+ pages.  I'm on page 500 something.  I'm going slow because I want to enjoy it.

7.  I can't believe it's been 10 years (minus a few days) since the Sept. 11 attacks.  We've been watching all the documentaries on National Geographic.  They're so captivating.

8.  I just found out Afghanistan is part of Asia.  I always said the Middle East.  Hmm, I feel dumb.  Where have I been?

9.  Sometimes it really stinks only being paid once a month.  We're rich for about two days, and then we pay our bills.  BUT we're just thankful that we do get paid every month AND that we're able to pay our bills.  Amen?

10.  I loathe all of this 2012 political mess.  Is it too soon to be tired of it?

11.  What in the world happened with the weather?  I went from sweat drops to chill bumps overnight.  Literally.

12.  Today consists of a baby shower and a wedding shower all in one afternoon.  Stretchy pants are a must.  : )

13.  I feel like I talk about Pinterest all the time, BUT there are some reeeeally cute diy fall stuff that I want to do!  I made this - just need a copy of Eli making his monster face to put in it.  And I want to get Wesley to help me make this and this.  I'm sure he loves all of these projects I'm coming up with him to do for me...but at least it's a trip to Home Depot and not Hobby Lobby I'm asking him to make!  : )

2 comments:

  1. I am reading the Help on my iPad too! I'm a slow reader because I always think of other things to do! I also can't wait to start Biggest Loser again, love that show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. We really love and miss you. And Wesley. And Eli. I know our trip is weeks away, but I feel like it will be any day now.

    8. The Middle East is part of Asia too.

    13. How many pumpkins do you have at your house?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...