Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our Home at Christmas

So Christmas in our house is limited this year!  It wasn't worth the battle with little man, so we kept things simple!

We have an Auburn tree - War Eagle!

Eli LOVES this Santa that sits on the stairs.  He laughs and laughs at him whenever we go up the stairs.

The foyer area.  I love my red, Christmas flowers!

This is a view of the fireplace.  I made the stockings last year.  I bought a new angel to go on the mantle, and I looove her.  I should have taken a picture of her up close, but I didn't.  I only bought one, thinking I'd find something to do on the other side, however, I didn't - and to be perfectly honest, I like things symmetrical, so I think I'll go buy another to balance my mantle.  : )

I have a picture of Eli with Santa (last year's picture) on the side table, along with a candle from my sister's wedding (she got married a few years ago at Christmas).  The pillow in the chair isn't quite complete.  I've seen several Christmasy-hand or footprint paintings on Pinterest.  A friend of mine told me that she's making a Christmas pillow every year with her daughter's prints.  I thought it was a cute idea.  This year I did Rudolph.  Eli's handprints are his antlers and his thumbprint is the red nose.  

Decorating with a little busy body is so different!  I didn't even put out my Willow Tree Nativity (which I love) this year.  They're just too breakable and Eli was too tempted by them!  : (

This is how we've got our tree.  We did a little creative arranging so we looked with our eyes and not our hands.  I love our tree.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  Since we've been married, we get an ornament from every vacation we go on.  Two and a half years later and we have so many sweet memories on our tree!  : )

On to the kitchen!



The Peace letters are one of my favorite things!

All lit up...

You can't see it in this picture, but we wrapped our columns to look like candy canes.  It is sooo cute in the daylight!  We have two small columns in the carport and did the same to them.

I saw this years ago, and have always wanted to do it.  Our snowman wreath is hanging in the carport.  I could have sworn I had a red scarf, but I don't!  I still need to get some sticks for his arms and a tophat.

One of my favorite parts about Christmas decorating....all the cards that come!  Every day there's at least two or three in our mailbox!

From our home to yours,
Merry Christmas!

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts...
Colossians 3:15

4 comments:

  1. Love YOUR peace!!! (and the snowman wreath - how precious!:) thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome Peg! Your tree is gorgeous! And the pantsless boy in the pic of the living room is pretty adorable too! I want to see a close-up of the Rudolph pillow - it looks cute from far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you blocked off the tree! Oh, how enticing all those twinkly lights can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty tree. And such a cute Santa pitcher.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...