Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's Gameday Baby!

"Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways."
Somehow, I don't think that Elizabeth Barrett Browning was talking about football in her 43rd sonnet.

The weekend of the season opener, we were in Texas visiting my sister, so we did not go to the game. But, we won!


Auburn v. Miss State
2-0

The view of the stadium

The March Around

Warming Up

Aubie (a tiger) is our mascot. However, our battle cry is "War Eagle!" Before each game, the release an eagle, Spirit, from the upper deck while the fans yell "Warrrrrrrrr Eagle, Hey!" Spirit circles the stadium and as it lands on the "AU" in the center of the field everyone yells the "Hey!" part. It's UH-mazing.

This particular week, they were remember heroes and those fallen during the attacks of 9/11, so Spirit flew with patriotic ribbons.

It's Pre-game time! My favorite part.

Wesley and I were both in the band (he played horn and I was on the flag line) during our time at Auburn. That was how we met. We both loved it. It really made my college experience. Pregame was the most amazing thing to perform. 87,451 people yelling and singing War Eagle, it doesn't get any better than that!



While there, I met up with two of my Cohort C girls, Jessica and Allison.
It was GREAT to see them!

Auburn v. West Virginia
3-0

This game was such an exciting, WET experience. But it was worth every minute of it! It was sooo great! Before the game we tailgating, sadly I took no pictures of the cute little table with the Auburn tablecloth, Auburn tent, etc.

But, one of our oldest friends, Kevin, stopped by. Kevin is in the Navy ROTC at Auburn. He was supposed to be participating in pregame this week, but pregame and halftime festivities were both cancelled due to the rain - 3.75 inches and a rain delay of 60 minutes.

My husband and I just before the rains came.

Here it comes!

We stuck it out for a little bit, and then went and stood on the steps with everyone else. So many people were trying to get to shelter that the concession areas were full.

It rained so much that the water was shooting like a gieser out of the drains.
However, once the rains quit, the field itself drained very quickly. I was impressed!

We won! WAR EAGLE!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS POST! I wish I was there with you! Thanks or sharing a little bit of Auburn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from Kelly's dessert post, however, found an AUBURN post and had to see. WAR EAGLE!! I have a great pic of Spirit flying on my blog that day as well, with the patriotic ribbons...

    I love AUBURN...and met my husband in Section 19, way back when....:) Enjoyed finding an AU friend on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I was at the West Virginia game too - that was nuts! I didn't wear waterproof mascara, lets just say it was a disaster!! HA!

    WAR EAGLE!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...