Thanksgiving 2009 was Wesley and I's first holiday together.
(When I told him this, he said Veteran's Day was-ha!)
Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. The way our families traditions are, everything went really well and we were able to spend some time with both families! : )
We spent Wednesday night in Elba, AL, with Wesley's grandmother (and parents and sister). We got up Thursday morning and had Thanksgiving lunch with his mother's entire side of the family. They always do Thanksgiving lunch this way and have a REALLY good BBQ dinner with all of the sides (which is actually what we had for our rehearsal dinner)!
We ate in "the barn". It's sooo neat.
Not the first thing I think of when I hear "barn;" I love it!
Below is a picture of me, Aunt Pam, Abby Grace, and Katie.
(Abby Grace is the cutest thing. I love her red hair and her eyes are SO BLUE!)
And, finally, a pic of me and the SIL!
Sadly, I took NO pictures of Wesley and I. I was really disappointed when I'd realized I had forgotten. Oh well, I definitely won't forget Christmas! : )
After lunch, we hopped in the car and drove about 40 minutes to Dothan to my parents house. We hopped in the car with my parents and brother and drove another 25 minutes to my grandparents house where we had the traditional Thanksgiving meal (as much as I love turkey and dressing it was so nice to eat two different meals!). Again, no pictures. I guess I just forgot?
Friday morning, we got up and headed to Auburn for the Iron Bowl. Even though we didn't win, it was a GREAT game. I don't think anyone could deny that. I was so proud of the way Auburn played. We sure gave stinky UA a run for their money. We had that game won except for the last minute and 24 seconds. But, it's the score at the end that counts! Oh well.
Hook 'em Horns!
No comments:
Post a Comment