Thursday was 38 weeks, so I'm now 38 weeks and 1 day. *sigh*
Eli is comfy and cozy, and apparently in no hurry to go anywhere! We had our weekly check up yesterday. I had gained one pound in the past week, so the total is up to 32 now. I really don't remember what my BP was, but it was nice and low. I've had more swelling than usual this week, but I've been on my feet A LOT this week. It's been a long, exhausting week, but a good one (I love my job!).
Thursday we also had an ultra sound. We didn't get much out of the ultra sound. Eli was sleeping and had both his hands up by his face and wouldn't cooperate. So, all we saw was his forehead and one eye/eyebrow. The u/s tech tried poking him to get him to move, and all he did was scrunch his eyes tighter and fury that eyebrow! I told Wesley he's like me: doesn't like to be bothered while sleeping! : )
We did learn that he's a healthy boy! 7 lbs, 9 oz of healthy! They told me to expect him to gain half a pound a week until he arrives - that makes me a wee bit nervous for labor!
After the u/s, I got hooked up to monitors for a non-stress test. They strapped a few belts around me and gave me a clicker to hold. The clicker was for me to mark every time I felt Eli move, one belt was to monitor his heartbeat, and the other was to see if I was having any contractions. The test was supposed to last 20 minutes, but after 10 they came and took me off because Eli was sleeping and they weren't getting any worthwhile results. So, I had to go back this morning and retake the test. I ate 2 chocolate chip cookies and had half a Dr. Pepper before the test! : ) I wanted Eli to be good and awake: and he was! Afterwards, the doctor looked over everything and said it all looked really good!
He also said that he'll see me back a week from Monday. If you're keeping up, that's Aug. 23 - just 3 days before my official due date. I asked him what happens if we get to the 26th and still no baby, and he said he would induce then. I asked if he would induce before that, and he said maybe. Well, if I make it to the 23rd, I may as well just wait until the 26th. By that point, what's three more days?
We're taking bets on when Eli will actually make his grand appearance. Wesley's guess is Aug. 21 (his dad's birthday). My bet is Aug. 31. Any other guesses out there?
August 30!
ReplyDeleteI vote August 26th. I have written it on my calendar! Love you! Eventually we are going to ACTUALLY talk, though it makes me very ready for football season when I listen to your phone ring.
ReplyDeleteyou are so close! praying for you during that last few days. Hang in there. I say August 25th!
ReplyDelete